Jamia ka Tarana

Jamia ka Tarana

Mar 2, 2008

Library- Jamia middle school

It was 1978-79, when I came to know about Library in Jamia Middle School.
During recess timing I went to library with one of my friend.
It was situated below Iqbal Manzil.
For the first time I saw Habib sahib, sitting behind the table with spectacles & topi on head.
I asked him to allow me to go inside & search for a story book.
He asked, is it your first time?
I said yes.
He said go to your class teacher & bring a signed application for the membership.
I tried & found Hashmet sahib on leave, went again to Habib sahib & briefed him.
He provided with an alternative to take signature of any teacher.
Eventually I got it signed by Aisha Madam.
Habib sahib opened & activated my account.
I was allowed to go inside where racks & racks of books were stored.
Fascinating, I grabbed one small storey book.
As rule one should return the book with 7days/ 3days of issue, depending upon the demand or else pay late return fine.
Days become too long after the school for those small storey books.
By the time I reach to 5th standard, I was finished with all storey books of my taste kept in library.
Taste developed at that time was fantasy, adventure & magic.
Mazhar ul haque alvi was one of the favorites.
Apart from storey books, library was full of other books as well.
Daily news paper of Urdu, Hindi & English that can be read in recess.
Table full of Khilona, payame taleem, champak, lot pot were amongst the favorite of the pupil.
Some times you find them fighting for magazines.
It was habib sahebs tool to tackle students in such situation.
He used to send every body out from the library in such situations.
There fore fight scenes were negligible.
Apart from issuing the story book directly from library, we used to circulate them among friends by squeezing our reading time otherwise; it was difficult to get the same once some one return.
Habib sahib although strict but have soft corner for those who return the books in time, keep them neat & tidy, never tear or fold the pages & of course class mate of his daughter Ruqaiyya.
I don’t have much of memories of middle school library except that I used to run before school ends to ensure a story book for self.
It was a rare incident that I sit inside reading room to enjoy any digest & news paper.
Library can be found in any school, any where in the world.
Habib sahib was a thorough gentleman & a respected person.
I know many years back that he is no more in this world.
I really enjoyed my library association along with my friends.
It was also mandatory to take clearance before issuing the hall ticket of Class VIII.
I pray to ALLAH to rest Habib sahib soul in peace & bless him with a place in Jannat.
His contribution was unique in making our future; at least, I got the habit of reading just because of Library of Jamia middle school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jamia ka tarana (english)




This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
This is where men with zeal stayed
Men who answered the leaders' call
It is here that torn-off love
Found the cohesive chords
It is here that wayward passions
Formed into frenzied love
It is here that the wild tulip learnt
How to make the scar of heart aglow
This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
This is the place of men of vision
And of those with a challenging thought
Every morning here is new
And every evening newer still
Different is this tavern
And different are its norms
Different are the dancing cups
And different is their dance
Here drinking begets thirst a new
And different is this tavern's call
This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
Here, conscience is the beacon light
And conscience is the guide
Here is the Mecca of heart resides the guiding faith
Ceaseless movement is our faith
And blasphemy it is to stay still
Here, the destined goal is the march on and on
Here, the swimming urge seeks
Newer and newer storms
Restless wave itself is our resurrected shore


Translated by: Prof. M. Zakir