Jamia ka Tarana

Jamia ka Tarana

Jul 23, 2007

Past Tense...Jamia Middle School

I was in 7th standard when Talimi Mela(1981) resumed after a long haul.
Apart from many activities, i took part in a story writing competition.
During those years it was teachers responsibility to identify the students interest in different fields & groom them accordingly.

Those were the days when Good/neat writing constitutes 05 numbers in examination & advantage while securing marks in sessional tests.
SO, it was an open story writing competition & for the first time i prepared myself to write something.

I wrote the story of a proud & arrogant frog went on competition with an elephant for unnecessary thing & ultimately lost his life.

My story got third prize & published with my name & photograph in "PAYAME TALEEM" A renowned monthly Urdu magazine for children, Published by Maktaba Jamia Limited.

I felt very happy with this achievement & my teacher along with my friends praised me too.

The time passes quickly & almost after 6weeks i received one letter on school address from one of the publishing house in Bombay praising my story & wanted to send 12 story book as an appreciation!

I was delighted & confirmed them without wasting time.
Within three weeks i received 12 nice story books.

Actually, it was an appreciation with encouragement to write more good story's.

I never felt sorry for not writing a single story since after instead i started with essays from time to time in URDU & was comfortable & confident in that.

It may be possible that i still have copy of that Payame taleem number back in Delhi.

There were only two Urdu magazines meant for children at that time & the other one was monthly magazine "KHILONA".
I still posses many payame taleem in Dubai as well but it is unfortunate that Pyame talim has reduced its reader ship drastically & is on verge to close down.
It hapened due to lack of urdu reader ship & encouragemnet of urdu by the parents themsleves.
The first publication of Maktaba Jamia was DEEWANE GHALIB, which was got printed by Dr.Zakir Hussain in Berlin (Germany) in 1925.

I hope Reader ship of Payame taleem will increase & people will bring back this magazine to its original size & glory.
Address to subscribe Payame taleem is:
Maktaba Jamia Limited
Jamia Millia Islamia,
Maulana Mohammed Ali Johar Marg,
New Delhi, 110025.
India.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jamia ka tarana (english)




This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
This is where men with zeal stayed
Men who answered the leaders' call
It is here that torn-off love
Found the cohesive chords
It is here that wayward passions
Formed into frenzied love
It is here that the wild tulip learnt
How to make the scar of heart aglow
This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
This is the place of men of vision
And of those with a challenging thought
Every morning here is new
And every evening newer still
Different is this tavern
And different are its norms
Different are the dancing cups
And different is their dance
Here drinking begets thirst a new
And different is this tavern's call
This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
Here, conscience is the beacon light
And conscience is the guide
Here is the Mecca of heart resides the guiding faith
Ceaseless movement is our faith
And blasphemy it is to stay still
Here, the destined goal is the march on and on
Here, the swimming urge seeks
Newer and newer storms
Restless wave itself is our resurrected shore


Translated by: Prof. M. Zakir