Jamia ka Tarana

Jamia ka Tarana

May 6, 2007

Past tense...college life

It was a foggy evening slowly creeping towards night in January.
Winter was on peak & we, as usual standing in batla house before Bilal arrived wearing yellow & black ind sheater.
All Delhi junior boxing champion.
We chat for a while & suggest bilal at about 2030hrs to go home as situation is tense & weather is not good.
With this not ewe all departed.
Next morning i went to library to study.
Some body came to me & whispered,
There is dead body in Bhopal ground.
I move swiftly towards Bhopal ground.
From Maulana ki canteen, i saw the body, lying in the middle of field near to side screen.
My feet get jammed soon after i saw the wind sheater.
It was yellow & black!
I was having no blood in my body, eyes were wide open & by difficulty i took support of ground fence to avoid a fall.
It was my friend, BILAL.
The night without light but full of life & the morning light brought darkness.
The cruel people brutally murdered him.
Every body knew that he was innocent, but sacrificed & paid the price of some body Else's mistakes.
The dilemma was such that no harm caused to the killers despite knowing the name of killer & the provocator.
They are still alive & living.
Bilal's brother also happy in his life, but his mother still looks in the sky to find out her son.
AM also busy in my daily life, but some time i walk & talk to him.
He put gloves on & punch me.
I cant feel any pain.
He is far but alive in my memories.
Such a nice person he was.
Some time we never know the extent of small things that blows out of proportion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jamia ka tarana (english)




This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
This is where men with zeal stayed
Men who answered the leaders' call
It is here that torn-off love
Found the cohesive chords
It is here that wayward passions
Formed into frenzied love
It is here that the wild tulip learnt
How to make the scar of heart aglow
This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
This is the place of men of vision
And of those with a challenging thought
Every morning here is new
And every evening newer still
Different is this tavern
And different are its norms
Different are the dancing cups
And different is their dance
Here drinking begets thirst a new
And different is this tavern's call
This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
Here, conscience is the beacon light
And conscience is the guide
Here is the Mecca of heart resides the guiding faith
Ceaseless movement is our faith
And blasphemy it is to stay still
Here, the destined goal is the march on and on
Here, the swimming urge seeks
Newer and newer storms
Restless wave itself is our resurrected shore


Translated by: Prof. M. Zakir