Jamia ka Tarana

Jamia ka Tarana

Apr 24, 2007

Past tense...Sr.Secondary School

Senior secondary school is incomplete without mentioning about Mohammed Yusuf Papa, Physics teacher.
Impressive personality, long white beard,unpredictable nature & dare to take any body on task.
I still remember, when he enters from main gate of school, You will not find a single student roaming or chatting within 50m radius.
Physics class room in XIScA was on first floor & i used to sit near window facing playground.
It was papa's standing instruction that, if you are late for the class then you don't need permission to enter, simply & quietly enter & take your seat.
One fine morning, i was late for class & decided to skip papa's period.
Was returning to canteen & saw NS coming from gafoor basti side.
She stopped & request me to go along because she, like every one is afraid of Papa.
I thought for a while & voluntarily to impress her rather to help, accompanied to the class room.
Unaware of a real BAD MORNING.
We enter the class & started to move quietly to the seat but papa halted me in the middle.
"Abe sooowar, kya company baagh meiN tehalne aaya hai?
KahaN tha ab tak?"
By the time i try to open my mouth, papa caught me.
It was papa, who asked a question & i was knowing that, if i reply he will beat me badly & if i don't reply he will beat me.
He removed his wrist watch,
I saw him doing that & prepared myself for the assault.
In the middle of decorating me with slaps & punches, he asked about my father.
I told him the name & speed of assault increased because he knew my father.
  • According to many, you are more prone to problems if any body knows your parents because you must pay the price of being hailed from good family.
His assault continues for 10 minutes before he get fully exhausted.
After class i was figuring out my fault.
I complied by his instruction & he beats me, why?

Then my fellow told me that he has asked in the beginning of class that where is hero who used to sit next to window & always looks out side as if to see Mujra.
Every body agreed that it was a real bad day.
Now, NS, she approached me, i didn't spoke to her.
Evening she came to my house with one of her friend & apologised for the incidence.
She felt sorry because i returned to class room on her request.
Next day, we had a nice treat on her account in canteen.
While attending the class, papa was hilarious as usual & i also forget the past because after all he used to love all of us very much.
I wrote this because today morning while talking to one of my school friend who reminded me the incident.
Thank you AI for reminding me.
I will try to key down more of papa here, Inshah Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jamia ka tarana (english)




This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
This is where men with zeal stayed
Men who answered the leaders' call
It is here that torn-off love
Found the cohesive chords
It is here that wayward passions
Formed into frenzied love
It is here that the wild tulip learnt
How to make the scar of heart aglow
This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
This is the place of men of vision
And of those with a challenging thought
Every morning here is new
And every evening newer still
Different is this tavern
And different are its norms
Different are the dancing cups
And different is their dance
Here drinking begets thirst a new
And different is this tavern's call
This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
Here, conscience is the beacon light
And conscience is the guide
Here is the Mecca of heart resides the guiding faith
Ceaseless movement is our faith
And blasphemy it is to stay still
Here, the destined goal is the march on and on
Here, the swimming urge seeks
Newer and newer storms
Restless wave itself is our resurrected shore


Translated by: Prof. M. Zakir